Friday, December 28, 2012

A Christmas Tradition

Christmas is my most favorite time of the year. It is a time to share, give back, love, and rejoice. It is a time to reflect on the many blessings and trials of the year. It is a time to be appreciative of the many opportunities God has blessed us with, good and bad, because those things continue to mold us into stronger Christians. Christmas is a time to mingle with family and friends you don't see as often as you should, and spend even more time with the ones you cherish and adore. It is also a time to reach out to those who may not have family or friends. Those who are less fortunate or have taken a wrong turn in life and may be left with nothing at all. Those people are Gods children too. It is a time to spread the good news of great joy, that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was born for you and for me. He came to this Earth and lived a sinless life, so that he could die on the cross for all of our sins. He arose from the grave and is now living with God the Father. Even though I am so unworthy of his love, he continues to love me and mold me.

Often times we lose sight of the true meaning of Christmas, so I thought that it was important for me to share this with everyone. Jesus is the reason for the Christmas season. Its not about purchasing the best gifts, its not about Santa or Elf on the shelf, and it is certainly not about spending every dime you have or do not have to make the Christmas season "merry and bright." Please don't say or write Happy Holidays or Merry X-mas... Taking Christ out of Christmas is such a disgrace to Jesus and the Christian faith.

Merry Christmas dear friends and I hope that the New Year will bring you much happiness, success and joy. i hope that you are saved by grace, but if you aren't, you still have time to welcome Jesus in to your heart. You can't truly be happy until you have Jesus in your heart. It is so easy to throw His name around, but I truly believe that Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. Do you know Him as your personal Savior? Better yet, Do you try to live for Him through his word on a daily basis? So many people think that they are going to Heaven, but have been misinformed somewhere along the way. Please, if you read nothing else, read this.

Sweet people don't go to Heaven, Religious people don't go to Heaven, those who go to church every time the doors are open don't go to Heaven. Heaven is ONLY for the people who truly admit that they are a sinner, believe that Jesus is the Son of God and Confess their sins, asking God to come in to his or her heart. If you truly believe these things, you will want to turn from your old ways and try and become more Christ like. Is life difficult, even for Christians, YES! But one of the blessings about living for Jesus is that you will not go through those difficult times alone. He will be right beside you...all the way. I tell you these things so that you are informed, not to offend you or to make you mad. I say all of these things from a loving place and hope that it will guide you to make better choices and good decisions for the upcoming year.

I am a work in progress and I continue to struggle with the temptations of this world, but I surround myself with other believers of Christ and hold true to my faith. Yes, I fall short many times, but God is there to pick me up, wipe away my tears, and mold me back into what he needs me to be. I am his vessel and I want to continue working for Him. It's hard, but it's so worth it.

Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me. Oh yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. The Bible tells me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment